Grandma has been overjoyed with the success of her site. With all the wonderful comments she recieved we thought that having a donate option would help to keep the site alive with all the new visitors! If you like the site you should consider donating.

Mar 17 2008 09:14 pm

Posted by under Humor

Washing Cats…

A few thoughts on cat baths…by The Cat:

"But You Said You Loved Me!"

"You will pay, as God is my witness, you will pay."

"You call this water warm???"

"I don’t think I like you anymore."

"You SUCK!!!!!!"

"E.T. phone home……quick!"

"No, I’m not your Good Little Kitty anymore."

"Traction….I’m losing Traction!"

"I want my Mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

"No, no, no, no…..NOOOO!!!!"

You should follow Grandma on Twitter here.

28 Comments »

28 Responses to “Washing Cats…”

1. catzrule532 on 18 Mar 2008 at 5:21 am #

funny! i like all of them {if u can like the cat aliens! LOL}

2. KittyKat on 18 Mar 2008 at 2:49 pm #

talk about schadenfreude….i think thats how u spell it :p

3. SubGothius on 18 Mar 2008 at 6:02 pm #

BTW, handy Vets’ trick for washing cats easily:

Place the cat on a framed metal screen (like a window screen panel, but you’d prolly wanna make a sturdier version). The cat’s claws will lock into the screen, so you can just pass it under running water, lather it up, rinse it off, dry it off, then afterward just leave the screened cat to relax on its own, eventually freeing its own claws from the screen.

4. Jeff on 18 Mar 2008 at 8:10 pm #

My cats hate baths of course but are happy to take a shower! You need a hand-held shower head. As long as the water is warm they’ll actually stay under the spray instead of trying to escape.

5. catzDrCatz on 18 Mar 2008 at 11:08 pm #

Uh, did you just go to icanhascheezburger.com and copy them?

6. Rob Cooper on 18 Mar 2008 at 11:10 pm #

proof that cats are just fur.. nothing but fur.

gotta love em anyway!

great post

7. Jeanne on 19 Mar 2008 at 9:49 am #

Photos took me back to my own cat bathing days. We did it in the laundry tub and I always emerged with scratches on my hands and arms. I suspect that Jeff above is my son – he sent me the link – so he remembers his first home cat bathing experience. Glad he’s worked out something better!

8. zaebano on 19 Mar 2008 at 12:26 pm #

wet cats rules :)

9. katma on 19 Mar 2008 at 1:36 pm #

The tub doesn’t need to be full, just partway; yes, a wet towel or screen should be at the bottom; the water should be cat body temp or slightly warmer (sunbeam warm); you have a cup or bowl to scoop up water and GENTLY pour it over the cat, etc. etc. … some of the folks in the pictures above have really extremely tolerant cats because the folks seem to be doing it wrong … poor kitties!

Bottom line … unless you want kitty reaction @ #2, read up on cat bathing to refresh your memory before you do it.

May the furred be with you!

10. Suann on 20 Mar 2008 at 2:01 pm #

Poor little kittys:) I had a kitty once who liked the water but all the rest took bath using a lot of four letter meows>)

11. fbyf8umj on 23 Mar 2008 at 11:35 am #

do not torchur these poor cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. elviera on 27 Mar 2008 at 8:53 am #

It,s so funny but on the same time so I can,t find the word in enlish but I can see the most cat,s don,t like wather. greetings from elviera from holland.

13. Tina on 30 Mar 2008 at 11:02 pm #

HAHa,

The cats looked really funny, not a cat lover but some are cute!

14. chloe on 02 Apr 2008 at 10:07 am #

I LOVE IT SO MUCH….. MY CAT HOWEVER LOVES THE WATER!!! YEAH I WAS IN THE BATH ONE DAY AND HE COMES AND STICKS HIS TAIL IN THE WATER LIKE IT WAS NO BIG DEAL….I LOVE CATS!!!!!

15. Jessie on 05 Apr 2008 at 12:39 pm #

Those are too funny! But alittle sad too..poor kitties!

16. Kattengedoe » Media » Natte katten on 23 Apr 2008 at 12:39 pm #

[...] in dank afgenomen wordt. Tot voor kort wist ik dit niet zeker, maar nu wel. Ik kwam namelijk een site tegen met foto’s van gewassen katten. En wat misschien nog belangrijker is, er staat ook bij [...]

17. josie on 16 May 2008 at 8:58 am #

So so funny & so so true! Josie

18. alondra on 23 May 2008 at 8:29 am #

I love those cats they are very funny I have a cat too he`s name is BRUNO and, believe me he hates to take a bath but what can we do, they have to be clean ja ja well it is a very nice website congrats bye

19. sarah on 12 Jun 2008 at 9:48 am #

I HATE THIS IT IS SOOOOOOOO UNFAIR CATS DON’T NEED BATHS THEY WASH THEMSLEVES AND DOING SOMETHING AGASINT THEIR WILL IS TAKING AWAY THEIR RIGHTS AS LIVING THINGS WHOEVER DOES THIS IS A HORRID SICK TWISTED PERSON WHO NEEDS LOCKING UP FOR ANIMAL TRAUMA AND HARM SADDOS!!!! AND WHOEVER THINKS ITS FUNNY ITS NOT UR ALL SADDOS AS WELL GET SEEN TO!!!!

20. emz on 24 Jun 2008 at 2:42 am #

u dnt wash a cat its cruel !!!

21. kittenmum on 12 Nov 2008 at 4:44 am #

so cats don’t mind it
    if you start when they are young enough it make them nice and cool on a really hot day
    it can also promote good cleaning if your kittens left mum to early so see if the kitten enjoys the bath the frist time you give it and make it a nice thing not a scary one and they won’t mind.

22. 69 on 15 May 2009 at 1:16 pm #

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

23. karen on 10 Jun 2009 at 2:24 pm #

um hate to say this but didnt anyone tell these people that cats actually cleam themselves??? how do you think they survive in the wild…go to a cat beauty salon. We’ll be teachinf fish how to swim next!!!!

24. Lisa on 20 Feb 2010 at 7:12 am #

Cats need bathing because of fleas unfortunately, as they keep on escaping outside. Mine is extremely tolerant of everything, shots, injections, blood tests etc but when it comes to water… my back and shoulders are covered with scratches from his trying to run away

25. NM1 on 23 Feb 2010 at 4:45 am #

hahaha! this is hilarious!!!

26. Riannah on 08 Mar 2010 at 1:33 pm #

Cats don’t need bathing! You can prevent and cure fleas with medication and other.
    Cats are able to keep themselves clean bij licking their hairs. They do it many hours a day, if you noticed.

Poor cats…

greetings from the netherlands

27. Cole Taylor on 10 Mar 2010 at 2:20 pm #

The medication that kills fleas will also kill your dog or cat, and can poison us. They contain very harmful, toxic chemicals and have been known to kill the animals if they ingest too much. Read about it before applying a highly toxic chemical to your loved pet.

28. chinasmom2000 on 22 Mar 2010 at 3:44 pm #

Beg to differ in that cats don’t need to be bathed. If you’ve ever gotten a rescue kitty that has ringworm you know the score. No fun for cat or human but necessary.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS