Grandma has been overjoyed with the success of her site. With all the wonderful comments she recieved we thought that having a donate option would help to keep the site alive with all the new visitors! If you like the site you should consider donating.

Mar 30 2008 09:55 pm

Posted by under Humor,Reality

Who needs a truck?

I’d say the pigs are a little cramped.

You should follow Grandma on Twitter here.

24 Comments »

24 Responses to “Who needs a truck?”

1. anonymous on 31 Mar 2008 at 12:31 pm #

you gas wasting cretins, this kind of carpooling and carrying is excellent if we want humanity to not kill everything else on the planet. Businesses need trucks, ok, not everyone and their mother

2. Jesda on 31 Mar 2008 at 12:37 pm #

I MAKE YOU A FISH BALL SOUP!

3. Who needs a truck? « Life’s Not a Paragraph on 31 Mar 2008 at 2:26 pm #

[...] needs a truck? I found this post over at E-mail from Grandma. [...]

4. soulb.us on 31 Mar 2008 at 2:32 pm #

Who needs a truck?…

Once again, I am amazed at people living their everyday lives in other countries. This sort of thing would not go over well in the city where I live….

5. right on 31 Mar 2008 at 3:52 pm #

hear hear @anonymous

6. vivian on 31 Mar 2008 at 4:23 pm #

these are amazing. thanks.

7. John Aley on 31 Mar 2008 at 4:36 pm #

I don’t know why we get so excited about these chaps just getting on with their lives using what’s available. I once moved a small aeroplane half way across England on the roof of a Renault 4.

8. Dan on 31 Mar 2008 at 5:54 pm #

they all wear the same brand of sandals

9. Loren Parks on 31 Mar 2008 at 7:15 pm #

Typical Vietnam street scenes like I saw last year.

10. Keith Schiffner on 31 Mar 2008 at 8:46 pm #

Neat! PROOF that cars and small trucks are not needed in the world. The electric vehicles are an ecological LIE…well kiddies, where does your electricity come from? Oh and don’t forget the pollution in all those batteries.

11. Jonathan on 31 Mar 2008 at 8:56 pm #

Photos like these dont come falling from the sky but are actually taken by someone. Why not at least credit the photographer? All these photos are from the book Bikes of Burden by Hans Kemp. http://www.visionary-world.com/bikes-vietnam-book-about.shtml

12. Suzanna on 31 Mar 2008 at 9:04 pm #

OMG this is like Cambodia but they habe trucks but not tht much and they dont use it
    interesting
    lol

13. cant remember on 31 Mar 2008 at 10:17 pm #

I like the one with the mirror. Can u call that a rear view? lol

14. max on 01 Apr 2008 at 1:41 am #

lol. SAME SANDALS

15. catalytic on 01 Apr 2008 at 8:29 am #

Sure, so environmentally friendly. Except they don’t have catalyic converters, are almost always out of tune and they’re everywhere. These bikes are responsible for more than their fair share of the smog you’ll chew in southeast Asia.

16. Torrey on 01 Apr 2008 at 9:40 am #

If only we could come out with one for all types of weather , mopeds would be the next step to alternative transportation.

I wish I could use my powerboard durring the summer, it gets 20 miles to the tank (which is less than a gallon) unfortunately according to a police officer here it isn’t street legal.

17. Jimbo on 01 Apr 2008 at 10:20 am #

Americans need trucks and SUVs. The bigger the better. Pres Bush Snr said so. “Nothing will compromise our American way of life.”

We are a nation driven by fear and a nagging sense of personal inadequacy. If we drive big, we feel bigger personally. Big vehicles help us feel adequate as human beings.

We need to protect our children, so Escalades and Chevvie Suburbans provide the enormous bulk for us to be immune to injury when we hit someone while we are talking on the phone.

It is our obligation to drive bigger and bigger vehicles. Dammit, after all. we are Americans!

18. John on 01 Apr 2008 at 1:28 pm #

I would wreck so bad with all that piled on a vespa or moped.

19. Annonymouse on 02 Apr 2008 at 9:49 pm #

the previous poster is right but also wrong. Just because they’re not burning oil doesn’t make them not funny. But seriously folks, start planing plants you can get food from in your yards or we’ll all stare to death when we run out of oil.

20. Dil Egitimi on 02 Apr 2008 at 11:00 pm #

does anyone knows if there is any other information about this subject in other languages?

21. Terry on 03 Apr 2008 at 8:45 am #

I turned up my speakers and …OMG…I didn’t hear any bitchin’. I really respect these people!

22. Frugal For Life » Blog Archive » What a Picture is Worth on 16 Apr 2008 at 9:32 am #

[...] picture of a guy using his bike to it’s fullest extent, I now see that there is no limit to what you can carry on a motorbike. My two favorites are the eggs and the long steel [...]

23. Interesting Facts on 22 Apr 2008 at 3:18 am #

We could use my power board durring the summer, it gets 20 miles to the tank (which is less than a gallon) unfortunately according to a police officer here

24. Surfer Jerry on 13 Sep 2008 at 10:04 am #

It’s amazing how different people live throughout the world. I couldn’t imagine seeing any of these people on the roads in the United States.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS