Grandma has been overjoyed with the success of her site. With all the wonderful comments she recieved we thought that having a donate option would help to keep the site alive with all the new visitors! If you like the site you should consider donating.

Mar 31 2008 07:14 pm

Posted by under politics,Reality

WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR?

WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR?

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that everyone in the USA has read it. The URL’S are included for verification of the listed facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/f iscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.   http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt0..html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social
Services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report. http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, ‘estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.’ http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. ‘The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by
Illegal Immigrants In The
United States ‘. http://www.drdsk..com/articleshtml

Total cost (tax dollars) for illegal immigrants is a whopping…
$338.3 BILLION A YEAR!

If this doesn’t bother you then just delete the message, but on the other hand, if it does raise the hair on the back of your neck,  forward it on.

Snopes is provided for doubters:

SEND THIS TO ALL YOU KNOW. THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEEDS TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION, UNLESS THEY DON’T MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS who didn’t pay a dime into S S.

LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER" AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. IT DOESN’T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN, DEMOCRAT OR INDEPENDENT! KEEP IT GOING!

You should follow Grandma on Twitter here.

12 Comments »

12 Responses to “WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR?”

1. Sherry Peyton on 01 Apr 2008 at 12:26 pm #

I have loved your site since the first time I saw it. I’ve laughed so hard i could cry. If this is legitimate and not a April 1 prank, then I can tell you without question that I will stop your feed and never visit again. Glad to find you have found such a fine outlet for your bigoted racism. A good racist can always find somebody seemingly below him to blame for the miserable state of his own life. You simply suck.

You undoubtedly are simply another of the great uneducated idiots that we are all forced to share oxygen with. You are so sadly misinformed on so many levels that it would be a waste of time to bother explaining the truth to you. Yech, you simply make my skin crawl. No doubt you are next gonna tell us how you are a Christian too!

Send your vicious diatribe on to others? Are you insane? Well, strike that, of course you are. The only place I’ll send it, is back into the oblivion of cyberspace.

2. mac on 01 Apr 2008 at 4:33 pm #

to Sherry Peyton

This has nothing to do with racism. This is one persons opinion.
    calm down lady!

Remember you can forward this or delete it.

I am a Christian and believe me ,I will pray for you.

3. Grandson on 01 Apr 2008 at 6:13 pm #

@Sherry Peyton

I have seen your continued visits and comments to the site and have been appreciative of both. I must let you know that you are wrong with this comment on all marks and I have let it through unmoderated despite that fact. The truth behind this post is easily apparent in all sources linked for each line item in the long list so this is no April fools though I wish I could say that there was no immigration problem. There is nothing in this post that is bigoted or racist and I am offended by the suggestion that I have aversions to legal immigrants or people of race other than my own. To suggest that I have one religious affiliation or another is also very presumptuous and equally offensive. To say that “You simply suck.” or to make claims on my status of my personal life without knowing me is telling of your personality.

If you have a rebuttle for any points in this or any of the posts here I welcome you to make a blog entry complete with your own sources to back up your story so that I can accurately see where you are coming from. Otherwise try to refrain from flaming me personally.

Thanks for visiting the site and I hope to see your wonderful comments on future posts!

4. WRB on 13 Apr 2008 at 4:32 pm #

The rebuttals to the orginal article are many, but here are three easy ones to start:

1. Whatever the accuracy or inaccuracy of the numbers claimed, the article is a gross distortion, because it completely ignores the economic contributions of illegal aliens, not to mention the taxes they pay. Yes, we spend tax money on illegal aliens, just like we spend tax money on you and me, but the vast majority of illegal immigrants pay taxes (via withholding), just like you and me. People have studied this issue over the years and it’s very hard to get an accurate number on how much tax money illegal aliens are using vs. how much they’re contributing. Some have estimated they actually CONTRIBUTE more than they use, especially if you count social security taxes — because large numbers of illegal aliens never claim their social security.

2. I really detest, and believe that well-intentioned people everywhere reject, the politics of “let’s pick out a group of powerless people and blame crap on them” especially when the facts are grossly distorted as in this message. It’s un-American and un-Christian and in my opinion morally repugnant.

3. As if to confirm the dishonesty of the message, the author puts a reference to snopes.com at the end, claiming that it confirms the accuracy of the message. The snopes article he or she refers to is on another topic altogether. That’s just lying in an attempt to deceive the reader. Disgusting.

Bottom line: If this continues to be the level of the dialogue that we engage in as Americans, our country really is going down the tubes.

5. Grandson on 13 Apr 2008 at 7:36 pm #

Point #9 in the list talking about $200 billion in lost revenue was originally an unsighted fact. I received an email with a link to http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html where the original source was for this information.

“That economy, we know the estimates by the most authoritative and recent study put the suppressed wages at $200 billion a year, as a result of immigration, both legal and illegal.”

6. WRB on 15 Apr 2008 at 1:34 pm #

And while we’re on the subject of the links, can I just point out that most of the links in the original article, which are offered as “verification” of the claims are in fact just transcripts of what some commentator said on a TV show? None that I followed showed any research or other evidence tending to indicate whether the facts claimed are true or false. That someone said it on TV isn’t evidence of anything. Whatever one’s views are on this subject, this particular article is misleading so many ways that it’s not at all helpful in addressing any real issues.

7. phnbandera on 06 May 2008 at 2:43 pm #

If the numbers are right, this should be a SHAME for the American government, because they have not being able to do their jobs in the right way…and still they are getting paid.
    We need to understand that when somebody do business with the government, they are going to inflate 2 or 3 hundred per cent what they would charge…Billions of dollars/year?
    Every time an illegal spend some money here, s/he is paying taxes.
    When the illegals come to a wild hill worth $ 20,000.00, they clean it, cut trees down, and make a park out of it, at the end this is valued at $ 500,000.00. And the illegals get paid pennyes for the dollar.
    When you go to a hotel, or restaurant, most likley the illegals are the ones who SERVE YOU (and very cheap).
    All that drugs are coming to U.S. How is that? The police, Sheriff Dpt., DEA, FBI, etc do not have any control at all? If they are catching some, how is it that so many is coming in? Corruption? Negligence? Inneptitude?
    No. All the problems are not on the illegals. Think again.

8. Liz on 26 May 2008 at 4:27 am #

Wow, that was racist as hell.

When you ignore the fact that this is a list of money spent to better the lives of fellow humans who happen to be brown being called WORSE than money spent to slaughter fellow humans who happen to be brown, it’s still a horrible thing to say.

This is AMERICA. Anyone who wants to ought to be able to say “hey I’m here” and get a thumbs up. I mean, barring the obvious (Osama knocks on the door) anyone should be able to find refuge in America. Thats what this country was built on. You do know people used to be horridly racist towards the IRISH and others who tried to immigrate? Would you do that today? Just because you were here first doesn’t give you a right to say these people aren’t welcome.

These people work 70 hours a week at two jobs to feed their kids, sick relatives. You in fact probably save money by the exploitation of many of these people. You spent money on a career in gaining more money and lord it over them? Their culture values being able to eat and taking care of family and what do you value? Bigger TVs? What would you do with your money saved if the government didn’t use it to help people? Would YOU help people? Or would you buy another SUV? Don’t lie. You’re crying about your extra penny floating away when they’re crying about how they can buy the next meal for their children. You make me sick.

(PS did you know that 85% of people who have died cumulatively in the 9/11 attacks and the subsequent wars in the middle east (us and foreign) were civilians who had nothing to with any of it? And that murderous rampage is better? Give me a break, you heartless, evil creatures.)

9. Kay on 10 Jan 2009 at 11:18 pm #

OMG! This is for all the people who just “dont get” the post. People are welcome to come here THE LEGAL WAY! Did you get that… LEGAL. We are a nation of LAWS. People who break our laws are CRIMINALS. Do any of you bleeding hearts own anything of value? I lived in El Paso Texas for 8 years. Anything that wasn’t nailed down was taken. Any window that didn’t have bars on it was smashed in and your home robbed. I suggest all of you who think ‘the poor little illegals’ should be given what WE have to work for FOR FREE should go live in a border town for a little while. See what it is like. Yeah, sure, let’s just open up our borders and let them swarm in here so that the United States will be utterly unrecognizable. Hey, better yet, let’s turn it into Mexico! There’s a thought. There are starving people out there, people who can’t feed their families who are AMERICAN citizens. Why don’t you bright people focus on helping US (that would be YOUR COUNTRYMEN) FIRST. Then try to solve the rest of the world’s problems. WE are NOT the world, contrary to what hollywierd would try to make you believe — they even wrote a very compelling song about it. Great song, but try getting those countries who hate us to sing it? Doesn’t really pan out in the REAL world. Even those coming from Mexico… these are the same people who flew our flag upside down and were screaming “viva la Mexico!” and how they have “rights”! They have rights?! They are here in this country ILLEGALLY and they have rights? Don’t you see? We have taught them well, haven’t we? Go ahead, crap on us, crap on our laws, insult us by hanging OUR flag which our soldiers have bled and died for, UPSIDE DOWN, while you place your flag of Mexico on top — and we are SURE to have MORONS go to bat for you! You who feel bad for these types of people, you go ahead and bring these wonderful folks into YOUR home, YOUR neighborhood. I think your tune would sound significantly different after a period of time. I dare any one of you to go and try that crap in Mexico. They will put you in a hole so deep you won’t see daylight for years! No other country would let them pull that kind of crap… oh, but WE do! Why? Because we have an IGNORANT populace who cannot distinguish the rule of law. We are the United States. We have our issues but I love my country. I don’t care what color you are or what country you came from — we all came here from somewhere. If you come here LEGALLY and obey the laws of our country — then you are one of us. If you sneak in, while others have to wait on a list because THEY are doing things the RIGHT way, THEN I DON’T WANT YOU HERE! YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!

Oh, and Liz, honey… you write as if you know everyone who wants to come here personally. You speak of cultures and what these people value… YOU DON’T KNOW JACK. Many of these people do NOT love our country. They are here for what they can GET from the United States. Many of them long to go home but stay because they are able to support their families back home from what they make here. There is so much that it is apparent you do not understand from your post. If we did not have illegals working to pick our vegetables, guess what would happen? THE MARKET WOULD ADJUST! People who are paying these people peanuts would be forced to do the RIGHT thing. What do you think would happen in this country if we did NOT allow people who came here illegally to stay? If they were immediately (and I do mean IMMEDIATELY) deported, the borders were closed, and we began to take people who are on welfare (you know, those who can’t ‘find’ work but they have cell phones, drive nicer cars than I do and live off my tax dollars?) and GIVE THEM WORK? And for those jobs that they can’t find anyone to fill them? We have jails full of able bodies who have never done a thing in their lives except leach from society in one way or another – make them earn their keep and give back to society… free. Take these little momma’s boys who wear their pants around their knees with their underwear hanging out who are standing around on street corners that people claim they have nothing better to do with their lives and teach them how to earn a living with their hands instead of selling drugs and being involved with gangs? There are so many options. We are just so accustomed to going along with the herd. Stop mooing, grow a brain and THINK. It’s this little thing called accountability that we, as a society, seem to be having such a hard time coming to grips with.

I can just see the hate posts… but that’s okay. I am of Latino heritage, so I know what I’m talking about. I KNOW the culture and so many coming to this country illegally are WELL SCHOOLED before they ever get here. They can’t speak a lick of English, but they can tell you about ‘their rights’. Ever thought about that? They already know the ropes prior to getting here… ever wonder how? It is a racket and believe me, it is a well oiled machine. If the citizens of this country would pull their heads out long enough to take a deep breath of fresh air, and listen to those in the Latino community who aren’t afraid to tell you what in the heck is REALLY going on, how people who are coming here are milking the system, you would be horrified. And these people whom you’ve developed such an affinity for? They DESPISE you. They laugh behind your back and say the word, “Americano” with a sneer on their faces and a curse on their tongue. Not everyone coming here does that, but many do. You cannot take one or two illegal immigrants and showcase them — normally, those are the ones that the news outlets choose, and portray the hard working, soft spoken and respectful individual and believe that everyone is like that. MANY are… but MANY AREN’T. The bottom line is that it doesn’t matter how respectful or likeable you are… if you break the laws of this country, you are a lawbreaker. If we make exceptions just because you are a ‘nice’ lawbreaker, or a likeable lawbreaker or a lawbreaker that we can somehow identify with because you have a family and children, then we become a nation run on whims… a people who only holds accountable those we don’t like or cannot identify with — or those who don’t have a compelling enough story.

It is ignorant to try to silence those who are speaking of what is going on by asking us if we will buy another SUV or another big screen with the money we save. No… I work my butt off every day so I can pay my bills and feed my family. I don’t live a lavish lifestyle. I find myself irritated that someone coming to this country illegally gets things for free that I do not. I am irritated that stupid, ignorant people would rather rally around someone who has broken the law than rally around their own neighbors who need help. Talk about hypocrites! Who have YOU helped lately?

Lastly, I’m not speaking from a place where I don’t have experience. My spouse is from Cuba and they got here the right way, learned English, worked their way through college and no one ever gave them ANYTHING… a fact of which they are very proud. You would never know if you spoke with them that they lived in Cuba for 20 years and English is their second language — because English has now become their first language. They love THIS country and have assimilated to this culture. They have not lost their own culture or identity, but like many who have come to this country in years past, they are THANKFUL to be here, GRATEFUL for the opportunity that has been given, and they support THIS country 100%. Words like honor, honesty and integrity mean something.

One thing I would like to see is less talk about what is going on and more action. Our lawmakers are very much aware of what is going on — it is up to voters to enforce that action be taken. I don’t particularly care for e-mails circulating that are constantly talking about illegals because most people aren’t very educated about what is going on and all it really does is just foster the ignorance — and sad to say, racism. However, on the flip side, all the “I wanna hug an illegal immigrant” folk come out of the woodwork, who are just as uneducated. They watch one segment on 60 minutes or PBS and suddenly they have the tiger by the tail and no one may talk about illegals… we must all welcome them with open arms and give them everything we wish we had but don’t… like free healthcare. :::sigh:::

–End of Rant–

10. Robb George on 31 Aug 2010 at 8:34 pm #

Things That Make People Immigrate Illegally:

1) The immigration process is difficult and costly, thus making illegal immigration a logical choice. You’ve never had to emigrate from the United States to another country, but if you did you would realize that it is a difficult and expensive process that takes up years of your life. At that point, you would probably want to simply walk across the border and settle in as well. Keep in mind the fact that almost all of the immigrants that settled this country were illegal immigrants. Not only that, but they quite literally killed the majority of the former population, and then kept the remaining population of Native Americans (call them Indians if you want to talk about Asia) impoverished. Now tell me which immigrants are worse. Is it the “illegals” that only take our money and jobs, or the European immigrants that we descended from that actually raped, murdered, and effectively eradicated the Native American population?

11. Robb George on 31 Aug 2010 at 8:39 pm #

@Kay

Your ancestors and my ancestors KILLED PEOPLE when they immigrated illegally. KILLED. Got it? If you’re a Christian, you know that KILLING is against “God’s” original ten prohibited acts a.k.a. the Ten Commandments. And isn’t being kind to everyone another thing you hypocritical pseudo-Christians preach but don’t practice? I believe so.

12. Robb George on 31 Aug 2010 at 8:44 pm #

also @ Kay

Please refrain from writing about anything that you “DON’T KNOW JACK” about either. Some of us have studied sociology and understand the cultures of others, and understand the social-economic situations in other countries.

I would also like to add that tearing your arguments apart sentence by sentence and using logic applied through rhetoric would be quite easy for anyone to do, due to your lack of logos. (LOGOS: [Greek for ‘word’] refers to the internal consistency of the message–the clarity of the claim, the logic of its reasons, and the effectiveness of its supporting evidence. The impact of logos on an audience is sometimes called the argument’s logical appeal.) *

*Thank you to http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.html for this near flawless definition.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS