Grandma has been overjoyed with the success of her site. With all the wonderful comments she recieved we thought that having a donate option would help to keep the site alive with all the new visitors! If you like the site you should consider donating.

Apr 30 2008 11:54 pm

Posted by under Humor,Reality

tax refund

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The federal government is sending each and everyone of us approximately between a $300 – $1,200 rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan … and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes, weed, beer, and tattoos, since these are the only products still produced in the USA.

Thank you for your help & please support the USA!

You should follow Grandma on Twitter here.

21 Comments »

21 Responses to “tax refund”

1. pingish on 01 May 2008 at 3:23 pm #

Your first statement is a patent lie.

I am not getting a tax refund and I paid taxes.

There are people who haven’t paid a CENT of income tax in 2007 who are receiving funds from the government.

This is as much a tax refund as the Patriot Act promotes patriotism.

Apparently, people who make more than 200K are incapable of stimulating the economy more than those who make less.

2. richmond on 01 May 2008 at 10:25 pm #

Well, owing the fact I don’t like American prostitutes, I like my weed from Mexico, American beer tastes like Urine so I buy German, and well tattoos are just plain stupid, looks like I’ll be spending my stimulus refund in Euros once I convert it and spend it wisely abroad…

3. Topher on 01 May 2008 at 10:26 pm #

You forgot strippers.

4. dregle on 02 May 2008 at 7:58 am #

You are bitching because you make more than 200k a year and you are not going to receive your 300 dollars? Really? You should consider budgeting, or an accountant if that itty bit of cash is really going to make a big enough difference for you to declare your victimization.

jackass

5. foned on 05 May 2008 at 12:59 pm #

apparently equality only counts for the poor.

i’m sure the 300-1200 dollars doesn’t matter to someone making 200k, its principle. he/she pays taxes too, why don’t they get a slice?

6. 0000 on 05 May 2008 at 10:19 pm #

Richmond, your stupid if you would spend money on Mexican weed, try something worth putting in your lungs. and you plain ignorant if you haven’t embraced American microbreweries such as Odell’s, New Belgium, Bell’s, etc.

7. Bob Downs on 05 May 2008 at 11:58 pm #

12:59 … I agree with you…this is a socialist act that rewards those on the lower end
    of the economic ladder while punishing those at the higher end. The $ amounts may
    seem trivial but it is more the principle that is important here.

So may I say, Welcome to socialist American. Brought to you by both the demos and repubs.

8. El Jefe on 14 May 2008 at 10:38 am #

I agree with pingish. The government penalizes you for working hard. The government rewards the lazy and stupid ones like dregle.

9. Anonymous on 14 May 2008 at 12:39 pm #

I agree, you’re a total idiot if you use your tax rebate check on weed from Mexico, where are your principles, man?

Canadian weed is the way to go.

10. gary on 15 May 2008 at 12:29 am #

I dont think this email is entirely serious

11. Bolla on 15 May 2008 at 2:20 am #

To the people who are complaining about this “socialist act” I have something to say. You want to call us lazy and stupid because we are poor, but how would your life be if no one picked up your garbage, or no one was there to ring up your groceries, or sell you your tobacco and alcohol, or grow your food, or haul that food across the country, or even flip your burger when you don’t want to cook. Of course, none of those people would need that measly $300 if you rich people didn’t find ways to hide your money behind corporations, and complain that you shouldn’t have to pay the same percentage of taxes because it comes to a lot more money, as if that percentage were more precious to you than the average-joe working class man. All of those extra tax dollars could be funneled into country-wide no income limit health care programs, or actually turn our public school system into something to be proud of. But why would you care about those things, you can afford a private school, and never worry about what happens to you when you get sick. But hey, on principal, they should get their $300, because haven’t they all acted as if they are equal to the burger flippers of the land.

12. Jorg on 15 May 2008 at 12:10 pm #

OH MY GOD, SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!

Very few people wonder -where- exactly their burger-flipping, trash-compacting, long-hauling, agricultural, bag-boy jobs come from. Hint: they don’t just magically appear from out of the human condition. Such is the ignorance of the socialist agenda spat at the harder-working class of Americans, the echelon willing to devote their very LIVES to progress and innovation. Let’s see you start and run a functional convenience store, let alone a chain of successful outlet shopping malls. Your need doesn’t entitle you to others’ hard-earned capital, socialist.

13. priscilla on 16 May 2008 at 1:16 am #

that’s just it, jorg. some people may not possess the mind for business that others do. are you really so spencerian that you would believe those who are not in some way exceptional should be left to struggle to make ends meet in an increasingly desperate economic situation, barely able to house themselves after purchasing exorbitantly-priced food and fuel? isn’t that a little, well, selfish? man is a social creature. it is not evolutionarily advantageous to act entirely out of self-interest, therefore that is not a natural tendency. of course, maybe the altruist is a throwback. perhaps the highly competitive, talented, and selfish are of a new evolution of the human mind. who knows?

14. Paul B on 17 May 2008 at 6:39 am #

Upper classes pay accountants to ease the tax burden, lower classes sit on their asses and take government handouts because it’s their “right” and they know how to play the system. It’s the guys in the middle that get screwed over and over. Socialism my a$$, it’s called the human race, not the human “everybody have a go”.

15. Dave on 17 May 2008 at 7:36 am #

Actually, if you spend it on gasoline then Canada will get more if it than any other country since we are your largest single source of crude oil. (Saudi Arabia is #2, Mexico is #3.)

16. renea on 18 May 2008 at 9:31 pm #

i just want to say this is entertaining to read. you’re all right and wrong – except for dave. canada is our largest supplier of crude oil:) happy monday!

17. Royals on 19 May 2008 at 4:53 pm #

i’m going to pay my debt…
    thats we are poor.
    “lets by the HDTV and put it on the credit card”

18. Micheal thomason on 20 May 2008 at 7:31 am #

I spent 24 years serving my country and am retired, worked in corporate america for three years and resigned because I was sick of the blatant back stabbing and non team player attitudes.
    and then I go to the unemployment office to look for work and see people collecting there checks and walking literally around the corner to the check cashing store and coming out to buy drugs from a dealer in the next store and a bottle of booze.
    It makes me sick to see where my hard earned taxpayers money and blood sweat and tears help to defend these derelicts and a system that does not police up after them and allows a check cashing establishment a drug dealer and alcohol distrubution to all exsist on the same block.
    shame on you america! and then hand out “stimulus checks” like that is the answer!

a depressed vet

19. RobertBrown on 20 May 2008 at 3:05 pm #

You Americans are so used to the straw man arguments your politicians feed you that handing out cash creates knee jerk reactions such as those above.

Commie and Capitalists together.

Its really incredible you are focusing on these issues when the real issue – why the government is trying to bribe voters into thinking the economy is doing fine – is left to fall by the wayside. Stop watching TV.

20. Idomeneo on 23 May 2008 at 4:15 pm #

I just love when someone starts off with ‘You Americans’ but fail to identify their origin. Seriously, as if whatever shithole you are from is better.

21. Chris on 15 Jun 2008 at 12:41 am #

Last time I checked, Great Britain was the biggest exporter of oil to the US. Maybe Canada is now due to oil saturated sand there. When you’re in Indiana, try some Brugge Belgium style beer brewed right here in my hometown at the Terre Haute Brewing Company. Its a historic brewery that was once the seventh largest in the US.

On another note, I make about 15K a year and I only got $315 back. That’s one very random number. So I don’t know how they’re figuring the return rate because I’ve known people to make several times what I do that got back the same sum.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS