Grandma has been overjoyed with the success of her site. With all the wonderful comments she recieved we thought that having a donate option would help to keep the site alive with all the new visitors! If you like the site you should consider donating.

Aug 01 2009 10:20 pm

Posted by under Feel Good

1 Kings 8:24

1 Kings 8:24

A blessing is coming to
you in the form of a new job or financial break through.   Don’t ask questions just forward to eight people and trust God!   I did.

You should follow Grandma on Twitter here.

24 Comments »

24 Responses to “1 Kings 8:24”

1. Grandson on 01 Aug 2009 at 10:21 pm #

I just got this today, I don’t care what you believe in but everyone needs a little hope right now. I wish everyone the best in this recession.

2. deracinee on 03 Sep 2009 at 4:59 am #

I got this via SMS some days back, asking me to forward it to eight people, including the sender.

Ordinarily, I would have deleted the text message. I dislike chain letters, chain e-mail and chain SMS (particularly when I do not have sufficient crredit/load/minutes to reply).

This time I DID send it along, and I know I sound like a nut… but you see, I did get unexpected money, enough to pay credit cards and the electric bill and other stuff.

I got more than what I had been praying for (even before I received the SMS).

Best of all, of the 8 people I sent the message to, two I know personally also got some cash that they also needed badly, and the other who was a friend of a friend — he got his backpay which had long been under dispute and was in limbo. He got a call to pick up his chequw just a few minutes after he received the text message.

You are sooooo right. Everyone needs a little hope right now.

Everyone always needs hope, because hope is built on faith :)

Blessigs be on you and all you love (especially your grandma).

btw… I came across your site, because I was researching about 1 Kings 8:24 (again).

3. slf on 30 Sep 2009 at 12:21 am #

It is great to hear some have a “checque” waiting in the mail… I’m a believer, I have always known that “K sa’ra, sa’ ra” What ever will be, will be… it’s been in the Lord’s hand. What ever will be, will be… We are waiting, also, I like to think of this as a “Prayer-Chain”…. or “circle”… and may the, ‘ …Circle be unbroken….”

4. midgie on 30 Sep 2009 at 8:32 pm #

People always claim these emails work but it’s just a bunch of nonsense!
    I’ve NEVER had one work and even tho for for ha ha’s I sent this one, I know it won’t work either!
    You have to trust in God, not an email chain!

5. Albert on 01 Oct 2009 at 3:52 am #

Did anyone check 1 King 8:24?
    I don’t understand the link to this passage.
    Please explain if you do..

6. annie on 01 Oct 2009 at 9:12 pm #

when i got this email, i didn’t believe it at first. i opened it a second time around and forwarded it to 8 people like is says. that same day i saw there was an opening for another position at the same company i was working with and i was asked to go to an interview. i guess you can say i got a new job. i love this verse<3

7. Shannon on 06 Oct 2009 at 10:53 am #

I just rec’d an email with the exact scripture however researched it for accuracy. I came across your blog and wanted to comment.

I will stay encourage and trust in God for my breakthrough, whether it’s a new job, new house, financial blessings, etc…i’ll keep you posted. I’m expecting GREATNESS!!

8. Melvin Berry on 07 Oct 2009 at 12:28 pm #

Mary I want to thank you for sending i Kings 8:24. It is a blessing to communicate with people who are belivers and loves the lord. May peace bw with you and may god continue to bless you.

9. Kings Kid on 13 Oct 2009 at 9:49 am #

World English Bible
    who have kept with your servant David my father that which you promised him. Yes, you spoke with your mouth, and have fulfilled it with your hand, as it is this day.

10. bridget lawson on 13 Oct 2009 at 1:27 pm #

itrust that with God all things are possible!I believe that with all mt heart and soul!!!

11. april curtis on 26 Oct 2009 at 3:26 pm #

needed this encouragement badly…thank you :)

12. lynne smith on 27 Nov 2009 at 10:16 am #

Two things happened to us – 1 we got a refund of some ‘super’ which helped pay some bills, and we got an increase in our ‘bank-deposit’ interest which increased our monthly income! We are disabled pensioners, so this was a great help. Also, we got a dear little ‘grand-nephew’ around the same time as the email came through!

3 Good things, so it proves it to me that ‘hope springs eternal’ and that if you do something for someone else, you get it back 3-fold.

just my thoughts on the email.

13. Pat on 15 Dec 2009 at 11:20 am #

From what I gather from 1 King 8:24 it means that God will keep His promise to us. He is a provider, healer, peace, etc

14. Mike on 28 Jan 2010 at 3:02 am #

I got this email too, and it doesnt make sense if people are trying to relate this passage to financial blessings; unless they are talking about keeping the will of God. I personally dont see any relation to financial gain…and if you truly know God, you know you have to give before you can receive anything.
    Im just sayin
    -melendy

15. Monica on 04 Feb 2010 at 12:19 pm #

Its not all financial. it says new house or marriage… so love is a possiblity also.. i am still looking for the verse to that I can print it and put on my bulletin board at work so I can memorize it. I love adding verses to my memory. I should read my Bible more so I love getting emails that lead me to it.

16. vashti on 16 Feb 2010 at 7:10 am #

The word of the Lord declares that if we abide in him and his WORD abides in us , we can ask the father anything in his name and he will do it. let the word of the lord live in us and it will bear fruit.

17. Ethel on 09 Mar 2010 at 3:00 pm #

Thank you for the translation. It’s not about financial gain, if you believe in Him and live his words, you can ask for anything in his name and he will answer. It may not be what you’re looking for, but He knows better what we need and he will deliver.

18. RdRunR333 on 25 Mar 2010 at 9:55 pm #

I have been Blessed and continue to Praise God for my Daily Blessing of Life. I have learnt to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. without asking for any reward, just to continue being Blessed by God. The Lord knows my Heart and he mediates (delivers) my needs.

19. Rebecca Ssanyu on 05 Oct 2010 at 8:38 am #

I am so excited …. I guess as this mail was being delivered to me, my cousin was delivering a long awaited baby Boy …. oooooooouuuuuuuuu am so happy. Thank you dear Lord, Thank you dear Lord, Thank you dear Lord. Amen.

20. Patricia K on 11 Mar 2011 at 4:45 pm #

I read the passage and I also agree that true faith and following of God is the only way you get blessings, not through an email that some human decided to send out for one reason or another. I also resent being told that “if I don’t sent to 8 people, I will be broke in 2011″ It is threatening and it feels like some sort of scam.

21. dayday on 24 Mar 2011 at 9:56 am #

For those of you who are making a big deal out of this email are being ridiculous. The email is to give people hope in this time and day and also to make people more spiritual and look to God more often than they have been.

22. dayday on 24 Mar 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Patricia K if you feel like this is a scam why comment on it just remove yourself away from the website (simple as that)

23. Mokgadi on 27 Feb 2013 at 2:59 pm #

I believe de email is to comfort us who r down waiting for our almighty Jesus to come to ur rescue if u believe den der is nothing impossible in front of God

24. Rene on 06 Nov 2013 at 2:52 pm #

I just received this email and instead of sending it along as I knew not what the verse was , I googled I Kings 8:24 and in the process came upon this webpage . I’m not a spiritual person but I am in need of spiritual help . I want me savior Jesus Christ to be apart of my life and I want to live for him and my creator because they deserve nothing more . I am however struggling to break through this barrier between us its so sad cause I really don’t know where to start , I’m scared to be judged yet I also know that being ashamed of my religion is a sin . I hope and pray that everyone who read this message was as touched as I was and that they did find great success through our loving gracious father

Trackback URI | Comments RSS